Here are some reasons to end the welfare state.
- It’s attracting the ineligible to steal from the taxpayers.
- It’s possible that up to 60% of those receiving benefits are committing fraud.
- It’s a Ponzi scheme that only works if birthrates are really high. Birthrates in the first world are not.
- Congress has stolen the trust fund, and current taxpayers are funding current liabilities.
- With lifespans getting longer, one of 3 things MUST happen:
- The retirement age will need to increase dramatically, or
- The benefit levels will have to be cut dramatically, or
- Doctors will need to cooperate with the government to reduce life expectancy.
- i.e. mercy killings
- Doctor assisted suicides
- Instead of keeping people alive, doctors will need to hand the elderly a Tylenol and discuss their end-of-life options.
- No amount of raising taxes will make it so a declining population (low birth-rate) can pay for more (longer-living) recipients. Soon the tax rate will be 100%+
- Social Security is not means-tested. Bill Gates and Homeless Bob both get it.
- Disability is made of fraud. My wife has Cerebral Palsy and is not eligible.
- Since I got laid off in 2008, I have lived on minimal income – barely enough to keep the lights on. I was not eligible for help under Obamacare. They wanted me to spend more than 85% of my income on premiums. Then it went up even more.
- Anytime government requires a product it gets more expensive.
- It’s called supply and demand. If you artificially increase demand, prices go up.
- Baby car seats.
- As if raising taxes wasn’t enough, Congress can now FORCE us to buy products with the little amount we have left.
- It’s become a money-grab for Congress
- Massive amounts of money are being mailed to foreign countries to ineligible families.
Views All Time