- You feel useless, unloved, and undesirable.
- You get lazy, and lose all self-respect and pride.
- You want to quit your job and get a new one, but #2 makes you feel unemployable.
- You snap into behaviors that take you nowhere, like video games, TV, Netflix, Youtube.
- You go to bed later and later because if it takes you 30 minutes to fall asleep, you’ll spend all that time judging yourself.
- You are constantly sleep-deprived.
- You neglect your mind and body.
- You become unhealthy.
- You stop caring about yourself.
- People who love you and want to interact with you start to feel bossy, and you resent them more and more.
- Your find it physically difficult, and later impossible to get any work started, let alone done.
- You find the truth of your mortality comforting.
- You listen to the news and come to believe in the swift, inevitable decline of civilization, and probably mankind as well.
- You are fine with that.
- You gain weight and your health becomes spotty.
- The smallest actions are too much effort.
- You know clearly what to do to change your lot, but you never do.
- It’s too much work
- Even if you start, you’ll fail
- Even if you succeed for a time, you’ll eventually end up right back here.
- Hope is a lie.
- You feel trapped, even though one decision – completely under your control – could change that. Yet you never do what’s right.
- You feel as though your soul fell out one day when you weren’t minding it, and now it’s lost forever.
- You want to trust in God, but there is no evidence in everyday life that He would actually intervene for you.
- Eventually you come to trust that God will not intervene, and that your predicament is exactly what you deserve.
- You are completely to blame for your own demise.
- You wonder why your body goes on when the rest of you has clearly died.
- You are constantly exhausted.
- You have a perpetual headache.
- You are poor, and have failed to provide for your retirement.
- You find that no one respects or listens to you anymore.
- People interrupt you more and more.
- No one finds you funny anymore.
Am I close?
Views All Time